Welcome to this ever evolving Canine Corner, where I have devoted and dedicated 2010 as my "year of the dog". Dogs are our life time companions and this is an annal of appreciation dedicated to my canine companions.

If you like what you have seen here, check out my website cj's canines at http://cjscanines.com/

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Scooby Found a Home


It's been a week of endings. My dear friend, Michael Hyde died of lung cancer this week. A special man, he introduced me to my husband and was an angel in my life. Today, I received word that Gwyn Savage, a New Mexico Casting agent who I had met working on three films in New Mexico was given up to two months to live. Gwyn had suddenly discovered over the Christmas holidays that she was facing a struggle with lung and brain cancer. Gwyn is a remarkable woman of great fortitude and compassion. She has a dog Scooby that is in desparate need of a home. He is big beautiful and lovable.
The following morning Thursday January 21st, I recieved the following email in response to the Scooby blog entry :
hello all. I wanted to give you an update on Scooby.
Gwyn adopted Scooby from us (Second Chance Animal rescue) about 2 years ago after he was rescued in Los Lunas with a choke chain collar embedded in his neck. His rescuer had the surgery performed to remove the chain and then contacted Second Chance for help in finding him a new home. We took him into our foster care while he recovered from the surgery and then Gwyn contacted us after seeing him on our website. If you look at the home page on www.filmsavage.com you will see Scooby's picture and the info about Second Chance and a link to our website. Gwyn was nice enough to post all that info to help us adopt out other dogs. Tonight one of our volunteers went to .... Gwyn's mother's house and picked up Scooby. It was becoming increasingly difficult for Gywn to manage Scooby while caring for Gwyn. We will be working closely to find the right home for Scooby....I think Gwyn is at peace knowing that he is back with us, as she knows we will make sure he finds a home as wonderful and as loving as Gywn gave to him. This is so heart breaking, and I'm so thankful so many people care about Gwyn and about Scooby. He had a horrible start in life, and Gwyn healed the wounds in his heart. I believe they brought each other much joy.

Susan Renick
Volunteer
Second Chance Animal Rescue, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Albuquerque / Rio Rancho, New Mexico
www.secondchancenm.petfinder.com


Later on Thursday January 21st, Gwyn passed away at 3:00 PM. I sent word to Second Chances, hoping to alert them to Gwyn's demise. I immediately received the following email in response to mine.

Hi Candy,
I was actually out in front of the house when Gwyn passed away... One of Gwyn's friends/coworkers, Georgina, was there.... she wanted Scooby; she loves Scooby and he knows her well from hanging out in the office. Georgina hadn't realized that I had picked him up last night. So Georgina has Scooby now and promises to take good care of him and give him a great home; she said she loves him and "wants to keep him in the family". Scooby was so happy to see Georgina when she walked out of the house; he got so excited. We had just put Scooby and his toys, etc. in Georgina's truck when Adam came out and told us Gwyn had passed. I really think she knew that Scooby was safe and she could rest. I didn't know Gwyn real well; just through Scooby's adoption but she was always so nice and helpful. She put our group's link on her site and helped us promote our dogs. We were so happy when she adopted Scooby. He had been through so much before we had taken him in and she loved him and made him very happy. I will keep in touch with Georgina to make sure all is well and that Scooby is settling in with her and her family.

Thank you.
Debbie
Second Chance Animal Rescue, Inc.


What a remarkable series of events! The dog community, Gwyn's freinds and family all worked in concert to find Scooby a home, a home he now has.

No comments:

Post a Comment